Once Upon A Synthwave
Once Upon A Synthwave (Working Title until I come up with something better) was born as I tried to fuse together two older projects of mine that I abandoned before: A Platformer and a Shoot 'em up. It is also a trainings ground for me as a wannabe gamedev who started to learn Unity and C# in December 2018.
Which mechanics are implemented in v0-0-7?
- four basic weapons, changeable by pressing LB if collected
- a standard drone and a standard guard enemy, which follow you if too close
- press run (X Button) to run, which allows you to jump higher and further
- wall jump (press A when on a wall)
- Ground slide (a dash which only works when you are on the ground, press RL)
- Dive Bomb - press RL after a wall jump or when jumping from a cliff to dive into the ground and destroy nearby enemies. The higher you are, the more devastating it becomes
It is recommend to play with a (Xbox 360) controller:
A - jump
X - run
D-Pad - move
RB - shoot
LB - change weapon
RL - dash
Start - pause/unpause
I am looking forward to all constructive feedback and recommendations! :)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.